Hobkin had another good night with no breathing problems and no need for oxygen as well as a good appetite.
Napping nestled in bed.
So today he goes in for an ultrasound and needle biopsy. They'll be putting him under for much longer than they did to draw his blood the other day, which has me quite anxious. We've asked them to ultrasound his kidneys as well. I've been doing a lot of research, and I think it's very likely that Hobkin has, and has had for a while, chronic kidney disease--which I believe is the likely 'cause of his pneumonia. I'd really like to have that confirmed as well as get an indicator of what stage he's at. But of course that would also mean he'd have to be under for longer. The vet said they'd see how he was doing and if he was doing well enough, they'd include the kidneys.
More waiting. Trying to remember to breathe.