After yesterday's promising developments, Hobkin stopped eating and his breathing got really bad--loud wheezing and very labored--at around midnight. Rushed him here after several hours of trying to coax him to eat something (must stay hydrated) and watching him go steadily downhill.
Waiting until our regular vet opens. Hoping he can just stabilize a little and hang on. Really, really terrified.