- AnyPost: A Ping.fm client. Lets me update my Facebook, LJ, Twitter, and MySpace accounts with just one update from my Droid.
- AP Mobile: Associated Press news headlines and articles.
- ColorDict Dictionary/Thesaurus: Offline and online dictionaries and thesaurus.
- ColorNote Notepad Notes: Nice text/notepad app. Allows you to add widgets of individual notes onto the home screen.
- Dial Zero: Gives the customer service numbers of over 600 companies and advice on how to skip directly to a real, live person so you don't have to wade through those annoying voice prompt menus. Used this when the satellite TV went out at my mom-in-law's over Christmas. Got a real person immediately. When we called back later using the number provided on her billing statement, got the voice prompt runaround. Dial Zero win.
- DockRunner and Lightning Bug: Okay, that's two apps, but they serve a similar purpose, and I couldn't decide which one to include. DockRunner toggles the docking mode without needing the dock station, launching the snazzy clock/weather/slideshow/music display. Lightning Bug is another bedside clock app, this one with new age sound effects like rain, waves, and white noise to lull you to sleepy land.
- Google Goggles: An amazing visual search app. Instead of searching via words, it uses a picture taken of an object from the Droid's camera to recognize the object and return relevant search results. Amazingly accurate.
- Movies by Flixster: Movie show times, trailers, reviews, etc.
- ShopSavvy: Use the Droid's camera to scan any barcode and get a listing of online and local prices of that item.
- Talk to Me and Google Translate: Another two-for-one, but again, they perform similar functions, and I couldn't choose between them. Talk to Me is a real-time speech-to-speech translator, but the number of languages it can do is limited. Google Translate only handles text-to-speech translations, but its database of languages numbers over 50.
Top 10 Most Useful Droid Apps
RT @Pseudopod_org: Check out the TOC for our anthology For Mortal Things Unsung including stories from @JLilyCorbie & @eugiefoster…