Can't wait for mine to arrive!
Stephen Granade (sargent) wrote an amusing article, "Speculative Fiction Authors Considered As High School Students," of which I'm verily tickled to have made an appearance among the poor, starving short fiction writers at their table (along with Ted Chiang, Yoon Ha Lee, Nisi Shawl, and ktempest--hmmm, pointed social commentary ?).
Also saw that joe_the_king has posted the Eugie-as-spacegirl pix he took during my Volunteer Vixens shoot to his Flickr account. I really like the one labeled "Space Eugie (2)" (note the new LJ icon). Preeetty. Also, folks can now pre-order the calendar from the VV website.
Mostly caught up on the amassed pile of schtuff from last week. Now to get back to pounding out words on the
- Note from the editor of IGMS that they've raised their pay rates and are retroactively bumping the pay of any authors who would have made more under the new scale. "Beauty's Folly" is one of those, and Edmund said I should expect a check shortly. Is that the coolest thing evah, or what?
- Payment from Absolute Write for my "When the guidelines say '7 to 12'" article.
- Payment from Cricket for "The Snow Woman's Daughter."
- 57-day personal "well written but . . . " from Ann VanderMeer of Weird Tales with invite to submit again.
- 291-day personal not-right-for-us from Debby Vetter of Cicada and also confirmation that they got my latest Cricket submission (after query).
- 96-day release back into the wild from ASIM after holding it for their final round.
Urg. Jonsing for a sale . . .