Urg. I'm so behind on Tangent work. I'm the furthest behind I've ever been. The reviews-to-be-published are piling up, but I've been making such good wordage progress that I didn't want to stop writing. Meep.
- Payment from Realms of Fantasy for "The Devil and Mrs. Comstock's Snickerdoodles" (slated for their Feb. '07 issue).
- Payment from GrendelSong for "Shim Chung the Lotus Queen" (in their premiere issue).
- squirrel_monkey suggested to darinbradley that he tender me an invite to submit something for the Farrago's Wainscot (farragoblog) project. He did, and I did, and F'sW will be reprinting "The Life and Times of Penguin." Shiny!
- 13-day alas-o-gram from GVG of F&SF.
- About a paragraph's worth of words on the Pseudopod rewrite request, several editing passes, and it's lobbed back for editorial judgment.
- 700 words on the collaboration story I'm writing with mtrimm1. Debating whether I want to finish the scene or bat it back.
- 1200 words on the Japanese fantasy, now tentatively titled "Hannya-Shin-Kyo: The Stillness Between Thoughts." Tamed my snarling plot bunny and getting close to the home stretch.
4,783 / 6,000