In a fit of procrastination, I did some fiddling with my Excel writing logs. I've been sending a lot of submissions out to reprint markets--primarily foreign language ones--and my old calculation formula only kept a tally of the new works I've got in circulation, not including the reprints. Haven't been keeping track of the number of simultaneous submissions either. Admittedly that's a pretty tiny number since so very few markets are willing to accept simsubs, but I thought I ought to include those in my "what's out" count. I was astonished to see how many reprint/simsubs I have out there.
Total new works in circulation: 29
Total works out: 49
That's 20 reprint or simsub submissions! Zounds.
So I really ought to be due for a sale. *twiddles thumb* Any time now.
Right. Enough angsting. Back to work on the WIP.