- Support the Launch Pad Astronomy Workshop for Science Fiction Authors http://t.co/2nJQHH22Ns 12:58:39, 2013-06-28
- Texas filibuster win & now SCOTUS ruls DOMA unconstitutional! Strange light feeling in chest; is it hopeful optimism? http://t.co/BzPi1skb2B 10:37:22, 2013-06-26
- WIN!! RT @Doug_Tilley: Stay tuned after the closing credits of the filibuster to see Nick Fury ask #WendyDavis to join The Avengers. 10:19:56, 2013-06-26
- [Blog] Standing With Wendy http://t.co/KcuNrSrCpS 09:38:33, 2013-06-26
- #WendyDavis is a superhero. Voice of the people raised together with such passion for a common cause. http://t.co/BADaZ8r6L8 #sb5 07:52:57, 2013-06-26
- On the train seat next to me: torn pages from a coloring book, half-colored and ripped in half. #StoriesEverywhere 07:13:49, 2013-06-25
- Just heard that Richard Matheson has died. He was a legend indeed. 19:17:00, 2013-06-24
- [Blog] New Short Story Ebook: Requiem Duet, Concerto for Flute and Voodoo http://t.co/wAKWO43CDA 10:44:45, 2013-06-24
This week’s new ebook is my novelette, “Beauty’s Folly.” Originally published in OSC’s InterGalactic Medicine Show, #5, July 2007, I’m thrilled to be able to use the original, fabulous illustration by Liz Clarke as the cover.
When the fortunes of Annabel’s father took a dramatic downturn, they were plunged into sudden poverty, forced to move from their lavish estate to the slums of New York. One day, Annabel is drawn by an otherworldly melody to strike up a conversation with an alley panhandler. Eloy is a strange man with beastly features. He unnerves her with his abrupt marriage proposal, astonishing her further with his lavish gifts. He whisks Annabel’s father to a strange, magical manor, only releasing him when she agrees to take his place.
A modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast.