Thanks to everyone who responded to my shout out about Apex Digest's financial crisis and subscribed and/or entered the raffle. Due to the huge outpouring of support, Apex LIVES! Y'all are great.
- 800 on the Japanese fantasy. And a bit of editing to tighten up the beginning. I was worried that I was losing control of it and it was spiralling out of my target word count, but I managed to accomplish a lot more in the scene I just wrote than I thought I would. I'm thinking maybe two more scenes total--climax and denouement--and I'm done. Rah.
Still no title, though . . .
2,856 / 6,000
- 143-day personal no from Shawna McCarthy (RoF) with nice things to say and helpful comments.
- 1-day "isn't quite what I'm looking for" with invite to submit again from the new 'zine, Spacesuits and Sixguns.
- 21-day "enjoyed this . . . very well written . . . loved the characterization, but . . ." from Firefox News.
- 1-day "the writing is well done but . . ." from Trabuco Road.
I haven't had a sale in over a month now. I'm beginning to jones. Wah!