Going through the various Critters critiques I've received last week. Email was crap on the ship so I didn't read them while onboard.
After coming home to a week's worth of new mail. Received:
- SALE to Cricket for my folk tale "The King of Rabbits and Moon Lake"! Good news indeed to return to!
- Rejection from Cicada. Pook. While they really liked the story, they thought it too emotionally wrenching for their teen audience, and hence not right for them.
- Rejection from Talebones - personalized. "Almost, please send more soon."
- Rejection from Sci-Fiction - from Ellen Datlow, "not subtle enough" for her.
- Rejection from Asimov's - form from Sheila Williams (sigh).
Oof. But I'm happy-dancing 'bout another sale to Cricket!
Also, my excerpt "Visiting Day" is up at the ELP Library with very cool cover art: